Travelogue, Post-Card Home, & Curio

The goal of this blog is to serve as a scrapbook of sights, thoughts and experiences that arise on the Barlow's travels. This is the 3rd in the series of "Spike & Maria's Excellent Travels" - the 1st being a record of their move from Canberra to Brisbane in 1991, and the 2nd being a record of their life in Japan between 1994 and 1996.

Our Itinerary

  • Till 8 March: Preparing (Australia)
  • 8 March - 2 April: Japan (Tokyo)
  • 3 April - 25 April: Greece (Santorini, Athens)
  • 25 April - 1 May: France (Paris)
  • 1 May - 3 June: USA (West Coast)
  • June 5 Onwards: Recovery!

Update and Back-filling News

Just a quick update on our status and that of the blog.

We're currently in Eugene, Oregon with the Browns and having a great time (its Friday 18th lunchtime here as I write). Indeed, Grant has gone to school with Nate today and we just dropped in to see them earlier.

I've just been posting entries for last few days in France, and the first 3 in the US - a kind of "back-filling" operation. I'll continue to do that (I have limited direct internet access but can use my PDA to [slowly] make entries ... which when I gain access I can then post), and will try to post notices here so people can read back if they wish.


Cheers - Spike

No comments: